Understanding Medicare Supplements
We are experts in Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans and look forward to being your trusted, go-to broker and adviser.
A few important things to note about Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
- Medigap policies are guaranteed renewable. Which means the insurance carrier can not cancel these policies for any reason, as long as you pay your premium.
- If your doctor or hospital accepts Medicare, they have to by law, accept your accompanying MediGap policy.
- Some MediGap policies provide health coverage if you travel and have health care needs outside of the U.S.
- For example, in New Hampshire we have 21 different companies offering 11 different plans with different prices for different plans and different prices for the same plans!
- MediGap policies are standardized and categorized into different plan ‘letters’ such as Plan F, Plan G and Plan N. Therefore, a Plan F with company A must be 100% identical in coverage to a Plan F with company B. This makes shopping for comparison rates on the same plan easier.
- The Medicare Supplement Insurance market is a competitive market and carriers offer wildly varying pricing for the exact same plans. This is one reason to work with an experienced and thorough brokerage.