Medicare Supplements in NH, ME, PA, MD, AND DE
We are experts in Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans and look forward to being your trusted, go-to broker and adviser.
A Medicare Supplement or ‘Medigap’ policy is an insurance policy, issued by private insurance companies, that helps to pay all or some of the health care costs that Medicare Part A and Part B do not cover. Medicare Parts A and B will typically cover 80% of most health care expenses. A Medicare Supplement policy will cover all or some of the remaining 20%, including costs such as co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles, which can be substantial.
A few important things to note about Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans
- Medigap policies are guaranteed renewable. Which means the insurance carrier can not cancel these policies for any reason, as long as you pay your premium.
- If your doctor or hospital accepts Medicare, they have to by law, accept your accompanying MediGap policy.
- Some MediGap policies provide health coverage if you travel and have health care needs outside of the U.S.
- For example, in New Hampshire we have 21 different companies offering 11 different plans with different prices for different plans and different prices for the same plans!
- MediGap policies are standardized and categorized into different plan ‘letters’ such as Plan F, Plan G and Plan N. Therefore, a Plan F with company A must be 100% identical in coverage to a Plan F with company B. This makes shopping for comparison rates on the same plan easier.
- The Medicare Supplement Insurance market is a competitive market and carriers offer wildly varying pricing for the exact same plans. This is one reason to work with an experienced and thorough brokerage.