Medicare Supplements in NH, ME, PA, MD, AND DE

We are experts in Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans and look forward to being your trusted, go-to broker and adviser.

A Medicare Supplement or ‘Medigap’ policy is an insurance policy, issued by private insurance companies, that helps to pay all or some of the health care costs that Medicare Part A and Part B do not cover. Medicare Parts A and B will typically cover 80% of most health care expenses. A Medicare Supplement policy will cover all or some of the remaining 20%, including costs such as co-payments, coinsurance, and deductibles, which can be substantial.

A few important things to note about Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans

  • Medigap policies are guaranteed renewable. Which means the insurance carrier can not cancel these policies for any reason, as long as you pay your premium.
  • If your doctor or hospital accepts Medicare, they have to by law, accept your accompanying MediGap policy.
  • Some MediGap policies provide health coverage if you travel and have health care needs outside of the U.S.
  • For example, in New Hampshire we have 21 different companies offering 11 different plans with different prices for different plans and different prices for the same plans!
  • MediGap policies are standardized and categorized into different plan ‘letters’ such as Plan F, Plan G and Plan N.  Therefore, a Plan F with company A must be 100% identical in coverage to a Plan F with company B.  This makes shopping for comparison rates on the same plan easier.
  • The Medicare Supplement Insurance market is a competitive market and carriers offer wildly varying pricing for the exact same plans.  This is one reason to work with an experienced and thorough brokerage.

medicare supplements in new hampshire